By all accounts, Nicholas Lore was a success story. He was the CEO of an energy conservation and solar company on the beautiful coast of Maine. The problem was, he was miserable — could hardly get through the workday. He thought maybe a career counselor could get him started on a path that was a better fit. Only he couldn’t find one who could provide the answers he was seeking.
That was about 35 years ago. Today, Nick runs a business called Rockport Institute (Named after the coastal Maine town he once called home.) He founded the institute in 1981, with the goal of helping other people figure out their career paths. Since then, he has helped thousands of people do just that and written a book called The Pathfinder that has also changed people’s lives.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Nicholas Lore discovered what he really wanted to do with his life.
- How he gained the knowledge to be a career coach for other people.
- Some of the telltale signs that you’re in the wrong job.
- Important questions you can ask yourself to discover a career that fits.
- How you can find the work you love.
- How you can design a career you love.
- What makes his coaching method unique.
- Whether he is satisfied and fulfilled by the career he ended up choosing.
How to connect with Nicholas Lore
Books by Nicholas Lore
- The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success
How to support the Catching Health blog and podcast
2. If you don’t already subscribe to the blog, do it right now! There’s a handy form below.
3. Use the share buttons on the left of the page to let your friends know about Catching Health and this podcast episode.
Thank you, thank you!